Welcome ,
  1. Home
  2. Issue Multisite

Support Forum

Report Issue Ask a question Request a feature Post a topic All Categories

When posting a new question, please consider the following:

Issue Multisite

I just installed cPanel on my server, I have activated wildcard-subdomain and I have also enabled multisite on my PageCarton site, yet multiste is not working. Please what could be the reason?

• Ayoola Falola
    5 yrs ago
    How did you activate multi-site?
    • isaac daramola
      5 yrs ago
      I navigated to Muilti-Site Manager -> Domain Manager -> Domain Options. I checked Allow sub-domains. (Requires wildcard domains on the web-server) and Users have domain names
  • Ayoola Falola
    5 yrs ago
    Theres also a setting in user settings. To allow user subdomain. Did you check that? And after all, clear cache.

Also, u didnt share the error message. What happens when u attempt to go to username.example.com
    • Ayoola Falola
      5 yrs ago
      It indicates that you have not set wildcard domains correctly in your DNS settings. Normally, when wildcard domains is set, username.example.com should redirect to example.com.
    • isaac daramola
      5 yrs ago
      Thank you for the response. I have checked the user setting, but no setting related to multi-site there. Anytime I type userprofile.example.com, it takes me to a directory on the server. I checked "Allow sub-domains." & "Users have domain names username.domain.tld" and I have cleared cache more than 30 times and cleared browser's cache too yet no difference.
  • isaac daramola
    5 yrs ago
    What would you suggest I do?
    • Ayoola Falola
      5 yrs ago
      Find out more on how to set up wildcard domain by your hosting service provider.

Normally, it would require you set up a CNAME record of '*' pointing to '@'.

← Previous "Installed PC on VPS and received multiple errors when attempting to create a site. How can this be fixed?""Default page override" Next →

Similar Question

Admin Cant log in Photo

Admin Cant log in

Admin can't log in to their website back end after i new site was created.. on another server

Issue

How to hide section Photo

How to hide section

How do i hide a section from a log out user.. for example i will not want a log out user to access a form i uploaded to my webiste..

Question

Could not Log in After succesfully installation Photo

Could not Log in After succesfully installation

Issue

Instead of Russian words in Cyrillic in the code displays this Главная Photo

Instead of Russian words in Cyrillic in the code displays this Главная

Instead of Russian words in Cyrillic in the code displays this Главная

Issue

I can not create a page in Russian in Cyrillic Photo

I can not create a page in Russian in Cyrillic

Can't create a page in Russian in Cyrillic shows an error. Then create the English page is created but then have to rename Russian to Cyrillic.

Issue

Couldn't  create first user account during installation Photo

Couldn't create first user account during installation

While installing pc I descovered the first account creation form did not appear. Then I continued the installation. But there is not way form me to login since I couldn't create the first user ...

Issue